Welcome to Software Observatory Etherpad!
This pad text is synchronized as you type, so that everyone viewing this page sees the same text.
To prevent this pad from appearing in the etherdump, paste (or leave) the following code:
Warning: DirtyDB is used. This is fine for testing but not recommended for production. -- To suppress these warning messages change suppressErrorsInPadText to true in your settings.json
### Name of the critical service:
Tired of business jargon and unnavigable services ? Come to do an Interface Détournement using the browser developer tool.
Redesign, add some parody and poetry to your favorite bull-shit website !
### Service Log
### LONG DESC OF THE SERVICE
### Motivation of the critical service:
• capitalism as sorcery (Isabelle Stengers) : we are under the black magic of capitalism interface making
• we have the feeling that some words are impose to us, conseauently we are reclaiming a power of saying/naming
### Goal/Description ofa situation at hand/Methods of Observation:
Unpacking an interface, fixed our browsing speed and Live redesign of an interface using the browser developer tools.
Study the layout by removing all the content
Play with the interface content, add some humour, irony to it.
### Tools of Observations
Browser developer tools to edit html live
Browser extension used to delete html content :
-for Google chrome : Page Eraser
• Pastiche / Parody / Imitation
Relevant Materials: Example of an interface detournement on the dropbox website :
Example of a interface template study by Henrik Jan Grievink :
Tips for CSS manipulation:
• Transformation of elements:
1.HOW TO CHOOSE A WEBSITE ?
1.Discuss relations/problems with software and choose a particular case study based on that Criteria for choosing the website :
* related to content : bull-shit jargon, problematic rhetoric, unnecessary content interesting to reframe
* related to the interface : unreadabillity, problems of orientation/disorientation, interface
2.Take one of the big five website : Apple, FB, Twitter, Amazon, Google
3.Take a news website : Le soir / New York Times
2.WHAT IS OUR OBSERVATION SITE : THE WEB PAGE
1.What is a web page -> an interface visualizing resources, the conten