- smaller table DONE
- print out of the script
- print of service menu
- print out of software curiosities
- remove consent ? everything is anonymized -> Becky?
- we need a second screen for the people working as intake -> FEMKE
- open on this screen all the services in tabs so that you can easily cut and past the url of the SCP
- change order: if lots of people come, send them to the waiting room and agile yoga -> DONE
- planning poker: negotiating time, we need props: little papers and pen to write estimates
- we don't yet have a protocol and have not yet rehearsed the outtake
- intake training seems to be necessary: we need volunteers.
FEMKE makes the print out and sets up her computer for this.
AN looks over wheter all the short and long descriptions are there
SEDA: bring little projector
#ORDER OF OPERATIONS
## I. Lock at the entrance downstairs: so that people find the right elevator
## II. Elevator Experience
- A. Get handed a menu of services (or is this at intake?)
## III. Intake desk
- waiting room with fountain and literature (reader, books)
- interfering large screen, person hidden behind screen
- Welcome, software curious person.
How would you like to be referred to for the duration of your visit to the clinic? This will be referred to as your software curious persona, or SCP.
we are going to ask you a few questions to make your visit as pleasant as possible...
we will take down some notes of your answers.
then we will put these notes within a file that you will receive a copy of upon your outtake.
This file will allow the service providers at the clinic to provide you with the most tailored service possible.
It's going to be completely anonymous and de-dentified, and is intended only to provide you with the smoothest SCP experience possible.
* TODO: , create a pad.
* TODO: what to do with people opting out?
* Identify Type of SCPs: based on what they need
Do you know what software situation you would like to explore today?
#### May I provide you with the following menu of services
- Do you want to make use of our services?
- If yes:
- 0. Wants to make their own selection: give them a service menu
* Discuss and choose service???
- 1. Specific goal/question: assign a service
- 2. Some idea, not very clear:
- 3. No idea, need guidance (offer personas?)
- Different personas
- I have a device with me which I have questions about (?) (((where do these people go??)
- I am curious about the future of software curiosity (fortune telling)
- I am curious about how data travels from place to place (something in the middle maybe)
- I am curious about how to change my relationship with my device (nannyware)
- I am curious about my relationship to time (wtc time///maybe someone can explain what WTC time is and show it)
- I am curious about how interfaces work (Interface detournement)
- I am curious about how to file away my problems (File therapy)
- I am curious about how to move my body the way software moves itself (agile yoga)
- I am curious about what is software (Relational software observatory Consultancy service (RSOCS)
- I am curious about becoming an elevator
- ex: Mary from North America who has a Mac and is having problems with Etsy
- Mohammed from the ME that is having problems with his oppressive government monitoring his old windows machine
- My mom ... my best friend
- If no:
- Don't want a service / want to be an observer? --> pair programming etherpad intro
* Start Planning poker: estimating how much time the process may take
* Confirm service choice
- Front desk people drop record/pad of scp into pad of service (to allow for service to see who is coming, "ah you must be"
* Techno-tantra: Breathing exercise to steel yourself for software encounter (and stuffy room). Now, let's look at the screen together (Tantra facilitator: rotating) https://www.doyouyoga.com/10-awesome-gifs-for-calm-breathing-59450/
action: one intake manager guides the SCP towards the star, where they are greeted by another intake manager and welcomed.
Script: welcome to the breathing station, where we provide a final preparation service for your software encounters by syncing your body to the rhythm of a software and by modulating your oxygen level intake requirements to the oxygen availability of our service facilities.
May I have your SCP, please?
Please place your palm on the laptop, right here.
Now just wait one moment while I pull up our breath syncing service
Now what you see here is a dynamically breathing shape, (which evokes the production processes of software)
Please place your other palm on your belly, right here (points at diaphragm)
Now as the shape folds out and expands, take a deep breath starting from the bottom of the diaphram. Notice your diaphram expand against your hand.
And as the shape contracts down into a smaller shape, let the breath go, from the top of your lungs, all the way down to your diaphragm.
Wonderful. Now please repeat this process nine times.
Wonderful. Now that you have modulated your oxygen intake and synced your body properly, you are ready to continue on your service path. Please follow the correctly collored path.
+ document experiences of Agile Yoga and the Divination Machine
+ possibility to allow SCPs to add to their own SCP template
Print Out on the wall next to Outtake service:
How to access your SCP -> FEMKE
can you tell us what was a highlight of your visits in the clinic?
Print the log (Femke brings printer & long usb cable)
Thank you for using our services.
SCRIPT FOR OUTTAKE:
1. The person wants to come to closure. Check the SCP. Are there logs? Regardless, send them to work at the terminal (invitation, says Femke)
2. Exit Status: are we done, experience?
3. Can this file be published? Would you like your SCP file to be deleted? (if yes, then the print out says "Your file has been deleted")
##PHYSICAL SETUP :
- Coloured tape on floor guiding to individual services (colours per service)
- waiting room with fountain, books and the reader
- decoration for the waiting room: tinfoil, some mirrors, the ball
- agile poker props
- where do we do retrospective?
- make a service menu
menu of services
choose a service
create template for SCP
link SCP to services of interest
print out SCP template
elements of the scrum
stand-up meeting --> salutation to the sun
burn-down charts --> burn-down carbs
planning poker --> ????
backlog --> ???
definition of done -->
tracer bullet -->
fulfillment you get in an agile environment
Intake (and outtake?) (and template?)
Arrows of flow charts - Geometrical shapes and historical use of them
Androgogy: how we facilitate learning processes with the clinic attendees
Observation and learning
the role of mistakes
Mistakes - What kind of things do we put in the template?
They inform each other
How do we make people present their problem
Do we take them in in ones or twos or threes
How to start a conversation?
Who is the audience?
Software curios people coming without a clear question
- would people come without a problem?
Prefering 2-3 people to engage people in a conversation
Can we have activities?
- introducing a flowchart if there is not a specific peoblem?
different ways to do intake depending whether they have issues or not
have a look at the template : http://etherbox.local:9001/p/SCP.alisphacker.md
What (is your problem, desire)
How long (agile yoga?)
What is an acceptible output?
Acceptence test-driven development
Story test-driven development
There is :
But what goes where?
- a pad for the client
- a pad for the service